Age of Empires 1 is one of my favorite games and my first introduction to strategy games. Agree that the game is 2 decades old now, but I consider this as one of the games that has stood the test of time. Even today I see high schoolers getting excited playing this game.
One of the challenges with Age of Empires is to play the hardest levels of Random Map with default or normal resources. I will share strategy and videos on how to win at those levels. But today’s topic is the various cheat codes. I must warn you, once you know the cheat codes your interest in the game might dip a bit. So, if you are still finding your feet in the game, skip this article and do not read on or try out the cheat codes.
So without further delay let us get to it. Below are some age of empires 1 cheats, these cheat codes can be used for age of empires expansion – Rise of Rome as well:
- Age of empires 1 cheats for food: To instantly gain 1000 food, press enter to open the chat window and then type in “pepperoni pizza” without the quotes.
- Age of empires 1 cheats for wood: To instantly gain 1000 wood, press enter to open the chat window and then type in “woodstock” without the quotes.
- Age of empires 1 cheats for gold: To instantly gain 1000 gold, press enter to open the chat window and then type in “coinage” without the quotes.
- Age of empires 1 cheats for stone: To instantly gain 1000 stone, press enter to open the chat window and then type in “quarry” without the quotes.
- Age of empires 1 cheats for super man unit: To get a superman unit, press enter to open the chat window and then type in “photonman” without the quotes.
- You will be provided a unit with automatic gun and able to run very fast. You can subdue the most powerful computer enemies. Make sure that an enemy priest does not convert this unit. See picture on how to create this unit:
- Age of empires 1 cheats for super car: To get a super powerful car unit, press enter to open the chat window and type in “bigdaddy” without the quotes. You will be provided with a car loaded with rocket. You can pulverise enemy cities with every shot from the car. Please be aware that this unit is more prone to conversion by enemy priests. This is so because there is a brief pause of about a second between two bombings from the car during which the car does not fire. If there are multiple priests with the enemy trying to convert, the car can get converted.
- There are different variations of the above units that you can get. To get a super powerful car unit in white color, press enter to open the chat window and type in “big momma” without the quotes. You can get a variation of photon man by typing in “e=mc2 trooper” in the chat window. To get a robot unit, type in stormbilly.
- There is an interesting cheat code “medusa”. When you type in this unit, your town center starts producing medusa units. When the medusa villager is killed, he is replaced by a black rider and when the black rider is dead, he is replaced by a catapult.
- If this fun is not enough, you can type in “jack be nimble” to have your catapult units throw villagers instead of stones.
- To look at the entire map at once, and see what the enemy is upto, type in “reveal map” followed by “no fog”.
- There is another cheat code “icbm” when used, your helipolis units get unlimited range to fire.
- If you are playing a multiplayer age of empires 1 game, you need to select “enable cheating” option in the game settings screen to have cheating available. In a single player game cheating is turned on by default.
- Below is a video of how to use the cheat codes:
There are strategies to beat the AI without using cheats even at the hardest level. But since this post is about the age of empires 1 cheats, I will not be talking about strategies here. I will cover that in a separate post on strategies to beat age of empires 1 AI in the hardest level. The hint is to take an ultra defensive or ultra offensive strategy to beat the AI. As expected the ultra offensive strategy is more successful than the defensive strategy. I will post a separate blog on this based on how much interest there is and how many requests I receive looking forward to this information.